Sunday, March 1, 2009

Moving On

March 1, 2009

I finished 2 rounds of AIM (adriamycin and ifosfamide) in the hospital.  Very brutal treatment.
Last CT scan this week, confirmed big growth of the one tumor that is palpable in my belly, but luckily revealed that everything else is stable.  We are finally moving forward to the treatment I have been wanting to do, based on the molecular profiling and instinct.  We will be starting Abraxane (which is a cousin of the drug Taxotere that worked so well before) and cetuximab (Erbitux) which is not a chemo drug but works in a different way.  We hope to start on Tuesday March 3rd.

We are also starting, thanks to our dear friend Stephanie, to incorporate whole body hyperthermia, with a sauna that is being delivered early next week.  Hyperthermia is being used widely in  Europe in the treatment of cancer.  I am also trying to get back on track with some of the naturopathic treatments that I got thrown off of with these hospital stays. Glad to be moving beyond that phase. 

We are looking for some shrinkage and stability which would lead to the possibility of surgery as well.  

We have had a website created for us which is where we will put all future postings.  It includes a link for a fundraising effort which is beginning in earnest.  The goals being to keep our house and help with the medical bills.

The address is:    http://www.anniesarmy.com

We ask for a big push in visualization and prayers for us over the next six weeks!
Thank you for all your support and love!

xoxooxxo
Annie & Anita, Hazel & Gabe




1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love you Annie B. I have been thinking of you and talking to you all day today. You are all so much on my mind and heart. There is such a wave of love and light pouring out of Texas to you all. Go Ann! Go. For some reason I've had that goofy laugh you used to do parading around in my head. You know the one you guys used at the end of Steel Magnolias to get you all laughing? It's been with my ever since then, but it's been less subdued lately. I find myself tempted to launch into it with people who really wouldn't know what to make of it. But it makes me smile.

I love you tons.
xoxoxoxoxo
Maggie